Monday, November 16, 2009

Blue Heron Sunset

Sharon took Ann & Mel & me to a street art show in Sarasota. I took one look at this exquisite painting and knew immediately it was 'the one'! 3 years, I've looked & waited for the perfect piece of art for above our fireplace. Big, bold, & beautiful! Adds a vibrant punch to the very safe & neutral palette in the livingroom. A focal point to be reckoned with!

Many thanks to Dave & Ann for delivering it safely home to me, and special thanks to Dave for the impressive packing job he did on it!!

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


Adding a shot in the daylight ~ to highlight the painting's relevance!



 
Posted by Picasa


A bit of rearranging to counter the extensive elongation

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa




 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Absolutely stunning - and definitely worth the wait!

Sherry said...

Ya think !?!





(big difference between your Robbie & our Robbie :p)

I'm really pleased with my new "Timothy" focal point ~ feels like we built the lake around it for effect!