Celebrating 100 years for the RF Yacht Club ( on the north shore practically right across from our house )
I had a sneak preview from the air of the goings-on in preparation for the Regatta !
Some of the racing boats
Most of the specialty boats are launched by crane
Qualifying
(my picture quality deteriorates greatly from now on; the fast pace & movement doesn't go well with extreme zoom, so I discovered)
Nice to have the rescue squad on hand
Lots of boats coming in for the regatta
to be continued...no time to upload any more for now
crane launching
a very busy place
watching the show
Pat
The Captain
amazing spray display
watch out, buoys
This raft of boats tied together had a few more boats than our raft. If I could have taken my camera swimming out into the lake, I would have gotten a shot of ours!
We had at least 5, perhaps another.
Barry & Denise pulling up to join our raft.
always nice to have the rescue squad alongside !
Bobby Hanson & crew showing up in his baby boat
sitting pretty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









































1 comment:
I can't shoot with my zoom at 300mm either; it's best at ~200mm but that's not always helpful when what you're photographing is far away.
Like the water sprays!
Post a Comment